Skip to main content

My College Project - A re-visit


I initially planned of engraving on the topic - benefits of college project. When I start thinking what I have gone through during the stage; my topic got diverted as another personal write-up. I was not an extraordinary or excellent student throughout my studies. If there is any one word to fit for middle bench-er I rank myself there. But throughout my studies I had lot of fun loving experiences and extra ordinary friends.

One of the best experiences during college studies is the college project. My first project was prepared for my graduation final year. I never had a sub project or any mini project in between either in school or college. When I look back to those days I feel very excited and thrilled still.  ‘FINAL YEAR PROJECT’  was one of the exciting moment I faced during my graduation ; I think it must be very exciting to all as it’s the place where we show our excellence in what we studied for the rest of  whole curriculum year. HOW WHO & WHERE was most common talk between classmates those days.

HOW :: A big question. We have to submit a project on what we studied in last 2.6 years. It pops with another question WHAT. Whole year was not sufficient to find out the mystery behind how a 5 line code is outputting HELLO WORLD.  The funniest part is; in curiosity, with my broken English, I asked my first year instructor the same and she answered me back as its code behind feature. To the truth I went and monitored behind the CPU after hitting the run command to see whether anything is happening in code behind.

Before joining the course; my prior knowledge about computer was only 3 things.
  • Who is the father of computer? Charles Babbage
  • What is a computer? A computer is an electronic device which consist of three unit : Input device, CPU (central processing Unit) and Output device 
  • What is the Block diagram of a computer?


So now you are clear with this knowledge what I can understand from the word ‘CODE BEHIND’ during my initial stages.  I am very sure all my classmates will be familiar with how we all scratched our head to understand the concept of #include.

WHO:: Final year project was a team work not an individual one.  Everyone was very excited to build their own team members. Our team consists of 4 members. Sajida, Sushma, Divya and myself.  We all were scattered to one another friends circle but somehow in project we thought we will go together. But I am very sure we all enjoyed our project days to the core. I have no words to show my THANKS to you all as you gave me the strength to move forward when we failed in the initial step of finding a project.

WHERE:: We struggled a lot on this phase. It is the dream of everyone to get into a best place whether you know what to do or how to do. We were initially promised by one of my friend as he will help us in getting in HAL to do our college project. Even though our knowledge on programming is null; we all had big dreams about our project ;). We did everything which was asked but we couldn't go through it. I am not sure of the reason or whether it was a fake promise; it is still a mystery.  Time flew and we were finally left with 2 more months for project submission.  Finally we compromised on buying a dummy project.  

We were blessed with a good guide to move forward and with his guidance we made this dummy project a live concept. This was the stage where we realized this is what we were trying to study for the last 2.6 years. He showed as the real concept of programming as a header and open close braces. We re-modeled the project with going through full SDLC phase by phase. It showed all of us the real programming world which is an Ocean. This BIG CONCEPT of new world changed my passion for it. I started learning and exploring the world on programming through my project.

Destiny showed me my path not the self-choice. But I am happy for it and I know my destiny is very exciting than self-choice. Shredding tears from my eyes. It is tears of happiness, satisfaction and pride. I know there is a long path to travel with new explorations and destinies. But this time I am not scared. I have the faith to move forward and a will to do and can do. 

Thanks to all my classmates and teachers for all the support you have showed me through the whole years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A walk in the rain - Ab/Normal day of my life

Busy Thursday; with a late schedule; and a rain on the way…. Hope I don’t need to give more explanation of what should be the situation that time. Recollecting the nursery rhyme in background “RAIN RAIN GO AWAY… COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!!!” I started the daily routine of running or walking [not sure what exactly it should be named] towards the bus stop with the hope that I can catch the very next bus.   Even though I couldn’t make it; I saw it passing by. In the bad weather [winter cum rain]; with a restless cursing mind; I made myself strengthen to wait for another one. As a strange passerby a mild wind blow and made me feel chiller. It reminds me the fact that I am drenched in the rain. Its magical spark made all my tensions washed off. It calmed me with a whisper to go and enjoy the rain. I was no more worried about the busy schedules or missed bus, or the unpredicted scolding of the day. Closed my eyes for a moment; raising my face upwards started enjoying the small d

About Me

A person with optimistic and pessimistic attitude towards life. Always try to vision the outcome in both extreme cases. Happy ending occurs only if there were some sad moments in between. I am a person who knows how to maintain both situation equally and keep moving to explore the next moment of life.

Apart OR Depart – Not a complete farewell.

Dedicated To My Aunt Molly mamma   who  was called to her eternal rest on  June 5th 2013 at 11:15 PM ************* We get chances to meet lot strange people in our day to day living. And in a short span of time some of them will become good friends who start living with us and some vanish with or without leaving some marks in our life.  I wish to think of the people who left from us by leaving behind some marks to remind them lifelong. "Living miles away from you still I can hear the voice of your heart". I am not sure whether anyone else holds the copyright for this quote. But for me it is very special and personal. This is the [useless] promise given by a 16 year old boy to a 15 year old girl 16 years back. I still remember the quote with the depth of the wordings, style of writing, beauty of the page it is written and more over the person who wrote for me. Writing autographs was very touchy during our school- college farewell days. Not sure whether the con